WORLD WAR 1 – Pitminster Parish Exhibition
In August 2014 it is 100 years since the start of the World War 1.
The residents of Pitminster Parish have created an exhibition of World War One at the ‘Lamb and Flag’ from Friday Sept 26th to Sunday Oct 5th based on the articles and artefacts received from people who live in the villages of the Parish. Leading up to the exhibition there have been events and activities based in and around the villages marking the Centenary:
- August 10th – Commemoration Service at Pitminster Church
- September 26th – October 5th – WW1 Exhibition at the ‘Lamb and Flag’
- October 5th – A ‘service of reflection’ on the village green at 3pm. This included a BBQ, Youth Club members in costume and other activities for all the family.
Supported By Many Organisations
The exhibition and events were supported by the following organisations:
- Pitminster and Angersleigh Playing Field Association
- Pitminster Parish Council
- Blackdown Youth Club
- Blagdon Hill Green Committee
- Lamb and Flag
- Creative Innovation Centre CIC
- Heritage Lottery Fund
The exhibits and events will be archived in the British Library for people to access. This website will be open for 2 years from Oct 2014.
It is not too late to have your family’s stories and photo’s uploaded to this archive.
We Need More – Can You Help
We need stories; poems, music, old photographs and items from families in the villages to show at the exhibition. This is an important part of our history and we would like to make it come alive for everyone in the Parish.
If you have any materials which could be used for the exhibition or would like to get involved please let us know by contacting:
Jenny Fogg – 421 535
Michele Sanders – 421 042
Richard Holt – 421 739
Harry/Nicky Yoxhall – 421396